Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What Spring Will Bring

Today is the first day of Spring!

Honestly, I don't really know anything about the whole vernal equinox, tilting axis, or hemispheric alignment that defines this scientific event. All I know is... it means there's less chance now that I'll need my broken snow shovel or the giant puffy coat that makes me look like this:


The coming of Spring also means that birds will build their nests and begin laying eggs, the sun will be warmer, the grass greener, the days longer... You can occasionally wear shorts, cook on the grill again, and plan outdoor celebrations.

It all sounds so perfectly romantic, doesn't it?

That's because everyone is so darn excited to crawl out of winter that they fail to remind you that Spring also means:









And, definitely the very worst thing about Spring for me is:

I'll have to shave my legs....
 
(Just kidding, folks!)
 
Enjoy your Spring!!


5 comments:

  1. OMG too funny!!! I WISH I looked that good in a puffy coat! Here in Michigan the wind chill is 17 and high today of 29. No Spring in my yard. AND I have to go out in it. No bread, milk almost empty and there's a depost to make at the bank and much more fun. Happy first day of Spring!!!! Can't wait to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a new follower! Yay! I never have any of those! LOL! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Sending a little warmth your way!

      Delete
  2. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa shave them legs girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the morning laugh and the reminder of what Spring brings! You did forget my favorite "hate" of Spring....ticks! My favorite part of Spring,is the warmer temps and being able to open up the windows and let the fresh air and gentle breeze in the house.

    Happy Spring Sis....and please shave those legs before you wear capris! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot about ticks! And gnats and wasps and....Oh crap! It's Spring, isn't it? Love ya

      Delete