Thursday, March 7, 2013

If


If I were a month, I would be October. Always floating a fine line between summer and fall. Loving cool nights… soft, cinnamon days- and beautiful colors.

If I were a day of the week, I’d probably be Wednesday and they’d call me the Old Hump.

 If I were a time of day, I’d be about 11:30 a.m. - Nap Time.

If I were a planet, I’d be my children’s moon and peek in their window at night… and shine on them and give them peace.

If I were a sea animal, I’d be dead. Because I can’t swim.

If I were a direction, I would be very, very confused.

If I were a piece of furniture, I’d be a soft, wide chair with jelly stains and crayon marks and silver coins under the cushions.

If I were a liquid, I’d be Tequila. (without the worm).

If I were a gemstone, I’d be a chunk of coal-trying my best to look like a diamond.

If I were a tree, I’d be an artificial Christmas tree so I would never have to die. And so I could spend my life watching happy people and smelling  warm baked cookies.

If I were a tool, I’d be a glue gun. Because I’m a Mom. Always trying to mend, fix, save and unite my family.

If I were a flower, I’d be a daffodil. Because everyone would love to see me coming and hate to see me go.

If I were a kind of weather, I would be an evening in May… 72 degrees with a sky full of stars and a soft breeze and the songs of crickets.

If I were a musical instrument, I’d be a guitar. So my husband would fondle me on a regular basis and we’d make beautiful music together.

If I were a color, I would be blue. Like the sky and the ocean… But I’d be envious of all the gold’s and silver’s and cool metallic's.

If I were an emotion, I’d be love. Because “Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
It is not self-seeking, nor easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongdoing.
It does not delight in evil,
But rejoices in the truth.
It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves.
There is nothing love cannot face;
There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance”.
If I were a fruit, I’d be ripe pear. Yellow, freckled, plump and sweet.

If I were a sound, I’d be laughter.

If I were a car, I’d be a little rusty, but a lot dependable. High mileage but low maintenance.

If I were a food, I’d be pizza. So I’d never get tired of myself. And I could wear something different everyday. Spicy-sweet and usually stuffed.

If I were a place, it would be wherever my family is.

If I were a material, I would be terry cloth. Cheap, but comfortable. Absorbent, but not abrasive. And I’d smell like Snuggle.

If I were a taste, I’d be salty..like crispy hot French fries, the rim of a perfect margarita …the taste of vinegar chips.

If I were a scent, I’d be my mother’s perfume, so that she would always be with me.

If I were an object, I would be a rabbit’s foot.Let people rub me all day and make their wishes come true.

If I were a body part, I would be a neck. So I’d get kissed a lot, covered up well when it’s cold, and get adorned with beautiful jewelry.

If I were a facial expression, I’d want to be a happy surprise. Because everybody likes surprises.

If I were a song, I would be “Que Sera Sera”…
“Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be. “

If I were a pair of shoes,  I’d be a pair of slippers. I’d never get muddy and I’d get to watch TV at night and even get to walk on the good carpet.

But today I am just me...
And I'll make the best of it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh....I want to be all those things too! I am just me and that's all I'll ever be....and I do kinda like me and hope all the people in my life like me too...just the way I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one i love the most is I want to be my mothers perfume RAE........ (((( that was precious) your special just being RAE

    love barb

    ReplyDelete