Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hairy Scary Part 2: This Is Where I Eat Crow

(Note: this is not a paid endorsement. These are my own words and my sincere opinion. I wrote this purposely in a journalistic style so that the salon could use it for promotional purposes if they so desire).


Yesterday I was dreading my trip to the hair salon and had no doubt that it would be a repeat of so many disappointments I've experienced over the years.
I almost backed out.
But I'm glad I didn't.

Hollywood Hair of Centralia is the closet thing to a fairy godmother that you can get these days. And you don't have to be a princess to afford their many styling services and polished pampering. One step inside their gorgeous salon and you immediately see that this is not your ordinary beauty shop.
Glitzy chandeliers, large mirrors and posh seating invites you into a grooming experience that you won't soon forget.

First we were greeted by friendly smiles that gave us a quick tour of the salon. From pedicures and manicures, coloring services, makeup and waxing, to actual classes on how to maintain your winning look, the building was a maze of class and sophistication. But not pretentious or uppity in any way. The atmosphere was welcoming and warm as the perfume of sweet shampoos and sprays waifted through the air. We were offered a soft drink, water, or tea - all served in glass stemware that clinked with ice cubes and spoke of caring details.

I was totally impressed at the attention I was given and the fact that my stylist listened to my wants and don't-wants right from the beginning. In the private wash room where black shampoo bowls shined in perfect rows, a warm towel was folded beneath my neck as my scalp was gently massaged. Shampooed and conditioned, I was relaxed and ready for the true test - the cut and style.

It is rare to have a stylist who takes her time. I usually feel as though I'm rushed or left waiting while attention is divided among other customers. But I definitely felt this was a one-on-one situation and was grateful for that.

I loved my cut! Not only did she do an amazing job, she also took the time to show me the specific products and tools that she used and the steps necessary to keep my look fresh and fabulous.

When all was said and done, I may have spent an extra five dollars above the cost of my regular haircut. And I felt as though it was worth every penny for the atmosphere alone.

Hollywood Hair lived up to its name - full of glamor, star shining attitudes and positive vibes.
I have found my new salon. Why don't you check it out?

I will almost bet you will make this your new pampering palace.


1 comment:

  1. wowwwwwwwwww is there any hope for an old lady who a gal at Walmart ruined my hair,,, Ive heard fo that place,,,,,,, who did you go with?????? Barb

    ReplyDelete