Saturday, March 2, 2013

Step Number Three

There are a lot of couples out there that have huge fights over big things.
It's understandable.
Even though you pledge your lives as one, you are still two personalities that occasionally clash.
But, sometimes it's not the BIG things. It's the little things. Those quirky, crazy, tiny habits of your spouse that seep into your brain like poison darts.

I know I really shouldn't complain.
My husband always takes his shoes off before walking on the carpet. He showers and shaves on a daily basis. He chews his food well and uses a napkin. He's even learned to be a bit more stylish in the past few months.

But like I said, sometimes it's the pet peeves that drive you wacky...
We have a glass apothecary container in the bathroom where I keep an ample supply of Q-tips.



It has a loose metal lid that clangs like a bell when you replace it. The problem? My husband NEVER EVER replaces it! I wouldn't even complain if the jingling lid woke me up from a fantastic dream. Even if that clanking interrupted my favorite show, gave me a migraine or caused my eyeballs to spin.
Seeing that lid lying next to the jar in the morning makes my face scrunch up and my teeth grit together. Makes my already hot flashing blood begin to boil. Makes me slam that lid on the Q-tip jar so loudly that it sounds like Ringo Starr gone mad. How difficult can it possibly be?
1. Lift lid.
2.Remove Q-tip.
3.Replace lid.

There must be something in a man's brain that shorts out when they come to Step Number Three!!!

1. See the toilet tissue needs replaced
2. Find roll of toilet paper
3. Remove empty roll and fill with new

1. Realize the trash can is full
2. Stuff in a final beer can
3. Tie up and carry to curb

1. Plan a road trip
2. Enjoy the scenery
3. Stop and ask directions when you become lost

1. Remember your wife's birthday
2. Tell her happy birthday
3. Buy her some bling

1. Relax with an evening of TV
2. Enjoy The Godfather Marathon (for the tenth time)
3. Then let your wife choose the next 16 hrs.

See how it is?
If women never followed Step Number Three, the world would be in chaos! Wild, I tell you!
There would be no laundry folded, no dishes washed, no bills mailed out, no errands ran...and no babies!

Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful that my husband has clean ears. But seeing that lid has not been replaced properly makes me want to:
1: Put on a large heavy boot
2. Target husband's butt
3. Well, all us women know what we'd do on Step Number Three!

Don't we?

3 comments:

  1. rofl! I soooo love this. And can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine is without turning lights off whenhe leaves the room.............. i see $$$ signs on our electric bill......... barb

    ReplyDelete