Monday, May 13, 2013

Laundry Day

Tomorrow we have lived in our little house for two weeks. Like they say, time goes by fast when you live in a sardine can. Or something like that.
All I know is, it's not half as bad as I imagined and once all the work is complete, it is going to be a wonderful place to enjoy life.
It seems like I get things organized as I want them and then we mess them up again- bring something from storage, or a bag and a box, and soon it needs a place. So things get moved and sorted and crammed again...and the cycle continues. I thought this morning how great it will be to sit out on the porch and drink my coffee in the early mornings with the peace of knowing everything has its place.

Town is about 12 miles away and it seems like we go there everyday. Open checking accounts, get gasoline, buy groceries, compare lumber prices, visit kinfolk, rent videos....I am looking forward to the time I can sit in my pajama pants all day and do absolutely nothing.
Even today I must make a trip to visit the laundromat. There are two in town. Both a bit shady- looking with outdated Maytags that may eat my socks ...and with patrons that could quite possibly have their photos in the post office.

Well, maybe I'm exaggerating just a bit, but it never hurts to be on gaurd, does it?

Then the yard needs mowed a weed eated which cancels out the afternoon nap plans. Hopefully by sunset we can sit back and relax a bit.

Tomorrow my Mother's Day present can be picked up. A bright new shiny...(no, not a ring )- a tractor! An orange Kyoti with all kinds of tool attachments and things my husband thinks is cool and as essential as breathing. I agree that we need a bush hog to keep the place mowed down, and I suppose all the other bells and whistles will save us from hiring someone else to do the job. My real hope is that this crazy tractor will keep him busy so I can write or paint or clean without him distracting me. I never seem to get my list done. I am always putting it aside to help him finish his list. By the time that's complete, I'm too tired to start on mine!

Summer is almost here, although the past few mornings have been cool. Looking forward to campfires and cookouts and company. It might be tight for awhile, but it will be fun. They say a little house can hold just as much happiness as a big house.

So week two begins....

" I love you, Little Red Cabin," I say.
"We've only just begun," It whispers back.


3 comments:

  1. sounds like your adjusting hahah... sorry about that Laundromat, cant you have a washer there,,,,????? keep on plugging along, had supper with Cran and Tracy las tnight,,,,, got beautiful placemats.... and napkins/ rings so nice c u soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. No room for w/d yet! But soon!

    ReplyDelete