Sunday, April 21, 2013

Team Work

This whole moving thing has been quite a learning experience. And I've found out that it's a lot like math - I'm not very good at it. In fact, it brings out the worst in me. To make things even harder,  it appears to have the same effect on my husband. We have yelled at one another and argued more times in the past two weeks than we have in years. Now my throat is sore.

Packing, organizing, and cleaning can be so overwhelming when it has to be condensed into a short amount of time. I'm used to taking three days, seven coffee breaks, four naps, and sixteen treats just to clean the front closet! How on earth am I expected to unload this entire house, garage, and barn...stuff it all into boxes and bags ...and still pretend to be June Cleaver?

(Well, I never was June Cleaver, but I've come fairly close to Ma Kettle).

My husband keeps reminding me that I will have time to rest once we get to our new place. That I'll have a clean kitchen counter and fresh laundry again...that my bed will be made...I'll know where my shoes are and I'll really enjoy sleeping in as late as I want. It's hard to imagine after living in a house that looks as though the Tazmanian Devil tore through. Or a planet of cardboard-box aliens invaded. Or one that the Hoarders people skipped because it was teetering on borderline.

But I know he's right. It hasn't been any easier on him. Fried eggs and toast for dinner tonite. Hot dogs and frozen buns from Halloween last night...a tired wife that looks like some creature from the Hobbit...and no time to sit and watch the Discovery channel and snooze in his recliner.

We started on the barn/ garage today. Ugg.

But I really was surprised how much we accomplished. Still a lot to get done in a little bit of time, so we mustn't get discouraged. No matter how much mouse poop, spiders and snake skins we come across.

When all is said and done, my husband and I make a pretty good team. We work good together ...once we find our niche and shut our mouths.

It's 9 pm. Feels like 2 am. Knowing 5 am will come too soon.

Night all. Gotta go rest my yelling voice for tomorrow...



1 comment: